No one can ignore the powerful aura, the extraordinary swag of a Dodge car. Since 1995, this car series is still having a permanent place in the list of top luxurious cars. But like every other car, this car also produces trouble related to car lights. People who own a dodge ram are very familiar with this issue called Dodge ram tail light circuit board issues. As a car owner you must know the importance of having well functional tail lights in your car.
These lights keep you and your vehicle safe in a rough road. It also lets you drive safe in harsh weather conditions. So if you ever see both tail lights not working in your car then you need to consider it a serious issue. Here we have got you covered with our guide to understand everything about this suddenly aroused issue in your Dodge ram tail light.
What is a tail light?
A tail light is primarily considered as great safety equipment for your car. This circuit board tail lights have a very important and specific purpose. These tail lights perfectly illuminate the hindmost area of your vehicle. In a rough dark road this light helps you to drive safe and smooth. Also in during the bad weather days such as a rainy or foggy day, this light becomes the major savior and keeps your vision clear while driving.
What happens when both of these tail lights stop working?
Dodge ram tail light circuit board issues are nothing new to the car drivers. Sometimes a damaged fuse or a dysfunctional circuit board affects the functionality of these tail lights. And in such situation drivers often get to see that both tail lights not working anymore. It’s not only about Dodge ram, sometimes even 1995 chevy Silverado tail lights become dysfunctional and stop working. Now the question is what happens after this. What kind of troubles can arise due to such faulty tails light? Let’s find out here.
- It immediately raises some serious safety concerns. Driving your car at night without a tail cadal light is highly dangerous. It can lead to life-threatening accidents.
- It can bring other issues such as it may turn on the brake lights or even worse it can affect your brake lights’ functionality and you often get to realize your brake lights don’t work anymore.
- Driving your car when both tail lights not working can get you against the traffic rule. And in such situation you may end up having a car parking ticket.
How to detect the issues related to the dodge ram tail light circuit board issues?
As we mentioned earlier it’s not only about Dodge ram. Tail lights dysfunction is a common issue in every car. Let’s talk about the 1997 chevy Silverado tail lights. Despite being one of the most expensive and well-built car this car also faces this tail light issue often. Now the question is how do you diagnose tail light problems? Well we do have a solution for this. Here are some symptoms of bad tail light circuit board that may help in detecting all the problems related to bad tail lights.
- When both tail lights not working at the same time you can consider it a symptom of bad tail light that requires immediate attention of professionals.
- Brake light out but tail light works. Sometimes resetting your car can switch off the brake lights and activate your tail light. It’s a very temporary thing. After a while you might again get to see the brake light works but tail light doesn’t. And if it keeps continuing then it’s a clear sign of bad tail light issue.
- Sometimes you will see both the dash lights and tail lights not working together. This is another evident sign of the circuit damage in your tail lights.
- Daytime running lights not working. Sometimes the problem begins with the tail lights and eventually it starts affecting the other lights. Here the car drivers often complain that if the brake lights work tail lights don’t. In other hand sometimes you get to see surprisingly your daytime running light not working on one side. So you see tail lights can eventually impact functionality of all your lights one by one.
If you ever come across any of these above symptoms in your Dodge ram then you can call it Dodge ram tail light circuit board issue.
Reasons behind this dodge ram tail light circuit board issues:
2004 dodge ram lamp out is one of the most searched topics in the internet. Every car owner often wonders what can cause tail lights not to work. If you also have the similar question on your mind then here you go.
Corrosion – Whenever your car’s sockets get directly exposed to moisture it start causing the errors. It starts affecting your car’s lights. So here we insist you to get your sockets checked or even replaced if necessary.
Faulty fuse- Here at first we need to find out which fuse controls the tail lights. And it’s mostly the fuses under the vehicle’s lid. It’s mostly a brown fuse under your car’s hood that affects your car’s lights. Such brown fuse is often considered damaged. Now how do you know your tail lights have a brown fuse? It’s pretty simple. Open your car’s hood, use a torch light and check the fuse color. If you see its turning into a brownish shade then you have already found the reason behind your bad tail lights.
Broken wire- If you have found the fuses healthy then it’s quite obvious that your car is having a damaged wire. But detecting this issue can be a tough job for you. Here you can call a professional automobile repairer. They might diagnose this issue faster.
Damaged ambient light sensor- Advanced models like dodge ram 1500 tail light assembly some ambient light sensors. And any defect in such sensor often makes the tail lights faulty. So have a check on these sensors. Make sure they are all healthy and workable.
We hope now you feel educated about these dodge ram tail light circuit board issues. So if you ever come across such issue do not wait further just get your tail lights fixed as soon as possible. Remember its matter of your safety.