A light valance is a popular design element that can add both style and function to any space. A valance can be used to hide the light fixture from view, producing a warm, indirect light that is perfect for setting the mood.
In this article, we’ll discuss the many benefits of valance lighting and how to use one in your home. Whether you are an interior designer or simply looking to update your home décor, this guide will provide valuable insights into the world of light valances.
What is a Light Valance?
Valance lights are indirect lighting fixtures that reflect light off of walls and ceilings. It is one of the most prevalent options for architectural illumination available. Many lighting experts favor this approach because it lessens the amount of sunlight and shadows cast. Providing ambient illumination is the most typical function of architectural lighting.
Additionally, a lighting valance can be used to conceal under-cabinet illumination. It may be installed level with the back of the door, further back for cabinet access without handles, or omitted entirely if under cabinet illumination is not utilized.
Image source by Amazon
Benefits of valance lights
A light valance is a type of window treatment that covers the upper part of the window, creating a soft and elegant look.
A valance light under the cabinet can also be used to hide curtain rods, wires, or other hardware that may detract from the aesthetic of the room. But valence lights are not only a decorative element; it also has some practical benefits for interior design.
Here are some of the benefits of using a light valance in your home:
Lighting valance gives a room height and space. Valance lighting may raise the ceiling and expand the space by attracting attention upward. This helps visually expand tiny or low-ceilinged environments.
Light valances soften the natural light. The valance under the cabinet may filter sunlight and create a nice ambiance, depending on its fabric and color. Kitchen valance lighting reduces glare and harsh shadows, making the space cozier.
Light sage valances provide color, texture, and flair. It comes in many materials, patterns, and colors to match any design. You may match a light to your curtains, walls, or furniture, or use it as an accent. These may highlight the window and view.
To illustrate how light valances can enhance a space, here are some examples of rooms that use valance under cabinets in different ways:
- A light valance brightens the window in this living room. The translucent white light valance allows in plenty of natural light, making it bright and airy. The white couch, rug, and provide a peaceful effect.
- A cabinet light valance makes this bedroom lovely. The lighting valance’s rich burgundy fabric contrasts with the beige walls and drapes, providing depth and drama. The valance lights soften sunlight, providing a cozy atmosphere.
- A valance lighting brightens this kitchen’s window. The valance’s light flowery design complements the wallpaper and shelves’ dishes, providing a cheery, cottage-like atmosphere. The light blue valance covers the curtain rod and hardware above the window, making the room neater.
Light Valance Designs
Light valance designs vary based on personal preference and style, with popular options including:
Box pleat light valance:
This design uses pleats that are folded into rectangles, giving it a clean and tailored look. Box pleat lamp valances provide shape and dimension to contemporary or minimalist environments.
Balloon valance lighting:
This colorful design has cloth gathered into fluffy forms. Balloon lighting valances are great for kids’ rooms or fun areas.
Swag light valance:
This design features fabric that is draped loosely over the window, creating a casual and relaxed look. Swag lighting valances are ideal for rustic or bohemian spaces that need some movement and texture.
Scalloped light valance:
This lovely design has curled fabric at the bottom border. A scalloped lamp valance adds elegance to classic or romantic rooms.
how different Light Valance designs can transform a space
The dining area features a gray box pleat lamp valance, which frames the window and highlights the view. The pink balloon lamp valance adds a feminine touch to the nursery, softening and volumizing the space.
The checkered swag lamp valance creates a cozy cabin-like vibe, while the scalloped valance lights add romance to the bedroom, enhancing the window’s beauty.
How to Install Kitchen Valance Lighting
With the correct equipment, installing a light valance is easy.
- Measure the window’s length and width. These dimensions will help you calculate your valance lighting fabric and hardware needs.
- Choose fabric and hardware. Valance lighting fixtures may be bought or constructed by sewing or attaching a cloth to a board or rod. Brackets, screws, and a drill are needed to mount the light valance.
- Mark the wall for the brackets. Put the brackets above the window and leave enough area for the light valance. Level and pencil the wall where the brackets will go.
- Install brackets in the wall holes. Drill and screw bracket holes into the wall. Securely screw the brackets to the wall.
- Hang the valance lights using brackets. You may need to slip or hook your light onto a rod or board before hanging it on the brackets.
In conclusion, Light valances are versatile and look excellent in any décor. These Lights enhance height, space, color, texture, and elegance. Installing valance lighting is easy with the appropriate equipment. Install and enjoy a light valance in your home in these ways.
image source by Amazon
This post should inspire you to employ light valances in your house. These may transform a space. Try different materials, colors, and patterns. Bright valances help your house seem and feel nicer.