You recently purchased a Merkury camera but are unsure about the Merkury camera setup. Today, we will cover how to set up my Merkury WiFi camera.
Merkury cameras offer easy home security. They’re smart and simple to use. You need to set them upright for the best performance.
I will help you if your Merkury camera setup is not working or you are looking for a Merkury camera setup manual. How to set up a camera on an Android or iPhone device?
As well as how to connect a Merkury camera to WiFi or without WiFi.
Keep your home safe with a camera that works fast.
Quick Merkury camera setup
- Install the Merkury Smart Camera app on your smartphone and sign in.
- Power up your camera and add it to the app using the “+” icon.
- Activate pairing mode as per the app’s instructions.
- Connect your phone to the camera’s WiFi, then link the camera to your home WiFi through the app.
- Complete the setup in the app to start using your camera.
Set Up your Merkury Smart WiFi Camera: Step-by-Step
You can start using your Merkury camera setup in a few simple steps:
You will need to connect the adapter provided with your camera. You can connect it to a power source so it can be powered up.
Go to your phone’s App Store or Google Play Store and search for “Merkury Smart Camera” to download the app.
Open the app and enter your email address and password, or log in if you already have an account.
To add your camera, tap the “+” icon in the app. You will need to select “Camera” and follow the pairing instructions in the app.
When the app prompts you to do so, connect your smartphone to the camera’s WiFi network, which will typically show up as “Merkury_XXXX” in your WiFi settings.
Select your home WiFi network from the app. If you want to connect your camera to the internet, you’ll need your WiFi password.
Keep your camera within range of your home WiFi to ensure a reliable connection. Place it where it can best monitor the intended area.
Setup Motion Detection, Alerts, and Other Features: In the app, you can set up motion detection, alerts, and other features like two-way audio and night vision.
For the best setup, always refer to the user manual for specific instructions for your camera model.
Merkury Camera Setup Without WiFi
You can set up a Merkury camera even if you don’t have WiFi. First, plug in your camera. Then, if it has a port for a cable, connect it to your phone or tablet with an Ethernet cable.
If there’s no port, the camera makes its own WiFi that you can connect to with your device. Use the Merkury app to see the video and change settings.
This way of setting up is good when you don’t have good internet.
It’s also safer because it doesn’t use the internet. So hackers can’t track or access that. If you want to learn more about using your Merkury camera this way, check the complete guide How To Use Your Merkury Camera Without WiFi? You can find easy steps and tips there.
Merkury Camera App Setup Android
Merkury Camera app lets you watch your home on your Android phone. It’s free to get and easy to start. Download the app, set up your camera, and you’re ready. You can see live videos and get alerts for movement.
The app does more than show live videos. It tells you when there’s movement. You can hear and talk through some cameras. Save videos on a microSD card, but it’s not included. You can see many cameras in the app. But the Merkury app is not in the app stores now.
- Visit the Google Play Store on your Android device to download the app. Download the Merkury Camera app.
- Open the downloaded app and install it.
- To open and set up the app, tap the icon after it has been installed. As you set up the app, it will guide you.
- Follow the instructions on the app to connect your Merkury camera.
- The camera will show live footage once you connect it to your phone.
- Sign up for motion alerts to be notified whenever something happens.
You can manage multiple cameras and listen and speak through the camera if the app supports it. Merkury Camera may not be available for new downloads if it has been removed from the Play Store.
How To Set Up Merkury Camera Without QR Code
A Merkury camera setup without a QR code is still possible and quite simple. Here’s how you can do it:
Download the Merkury Smart app from the App Store or Google Play on your smartphone or tablet.
To add your camera, open the app and click on ‘Add Device’ or ‘+.’
Click on ‘Camera’ from the list of devices you can add.
Connect to the camera’s WiFi network by clicking the ‘Set Up Camera’ option.
Using the app, you can connect your camera to your home WiFi network. Read the instructions carefully on the screen.
After setting up your camera, you will be able to stream live video, take photos, and more through your WiFi network.
For QR codes, you can typically find them on the camera or in its manual. They simplify the setup process. The app can still be used if your camera does not have one or it does not work.
You will usually find the QR code in the instructions for the Geeni WiFi Camera. If you select ‘WiFi Camera’ in the Geeni app, you’ll find an option to enter the QR code.
If you can’t scan a QR code, clean your camera lens, check that your code is well-lit, and adjust the distance between the camera and the code. Smart home cameras should offer features such as motion detection and two-way audio if they are part of a smart home ecosystem.
The Geeni Smart WiFi Camera requires a stable 2.4 GHz wireless connection to stream 1080p video. The app allows you to register the camera and then view live video through the app by clicking ‘See.’
FAQ: Merkury camera setup
How do I set up my Merkury WiFi camera?
- Plug in your Merkury camera to a power outlet.
- Download the Merkury Smart Camera app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Open the app and create an account or log in.
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon to add a new device.
- Select ‘Camera’ from the device list.
- Follow the in-app instructions to connect your camera to your WiFi network.
How do you set up a Geeni Merkury camera?
The Geeni Merkury camera setup is similar to the Merkury camera setup:
- Plug the camera into a power outlet.
- You can download Geeni from the app store of your choice.
- Sign up or register in the app.
- Add a new device and select ‘Camera’.
When the app prompts you to connect the camera, follow the instructions.
How do I set up a Merkury camera without a QR Code?
Start the Merkury Smart Camera app after you turn your camera on. Then click ‘+’ to add a new device, then choose ‘Camera’.
Check for options like ‘I don’t have a QR code’ or ‘Connect manually’ instead of scanning. If the camera asks, connect your smartphone to its WiFi.
You can continue to follow the app’s instructions to connect the camera to your home WiFi network.
How do I connect my Merkury floodlight camera?
- Follow the instructions provided with your Merkury floodlight camera for mounting the camera at your desired location.
- Install a power supply in your home (hardwiring may require an electrician).
- Open the Merkury Smart Camera app on your smartphone once it is powered on.
- Using the app, add the floodlight camera as a new device.
- Your camera will connect to your WiFi network once you follow the on-screen instructions.
Ensure your smartphone is connected to the WiFi network you want the camera to use and that the network is 2.4 GHz, as most smart home devices cannot operate on 5 GHz.
If you have any questions about how to set up your device, always refer to the user manual. The setup process may differ slightly depending on the model and software version of your device.